Senior Full Stack Developer
We need awesome senior full-stack engineers to build Homes.co.nz. We’re a startup with funding and revenue, and we’re building the best, most usable and data-driven property website in NZ.
About the job:
Help us build homes.co.nz, and scale it to the whole of New Zealand. Define the tech stack, and bring homes.co.nz to everyone. Homes.co.nz is pretty exciting. On the ground floor, building a tech stack with few restrictions, and doing something interesting. Lots of data, analysis and models, as well as beautiful front-ends. And something you can actually explain to your parents!
We have a microservice architecture, primarily using Go, but have components in RoR, and a front-end in Angular. And one in React. And some Python. And R... Anyway, you should be good at, and love, coding.
- Develop the homes.co.nz website and API applications to make them a) beautiful, and b) scale to every house in NZ.
- Own your production infrastructure end-to-end. You’ll deploy your own code multiple times a week.
- Work directly with product management to define, architect, and build new features.
- Write quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment.
- 5+ years building and supporting performant user-facing systems.
- Expert level understanding of object oriented design and data modeling.
- You have an appreciation of design-driven coding.
- Ability to mentor and lead junior engineers.
- Must be a DOer, a curious learner, and …
- You must like to code!
- You’ve coded a system from front-end to database, and shown it to users. And then changed it based on what they said, and what you measured.
- You know where to look when 100,000 people hit your website and it breaks, and … you know how to avoid that in the first place.
Tech we use currently: Go, Angular, AngularJS, React, Postgres, Redis, ElasticSearch, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, GitHub
Ample parking and close to Petone train station
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.